Thank you for your interest in Guardian Credit Union's Dollars for Scholars Scholarships. Our Dollars for Scholars Scholarship program is open to members currently attending 4-year, 2-year or technical schools or members who will be attending in the fall of 2018. These scholarships are funded entirely by Guardian Credit Union employees. Our employees can donate a portion of each paycheck to the scholarship fund, with 100% of the contributions used to fund scholarships for our members. In exchange for their donations, GCU employees receive the option to participate in our casual dress code.
- Completed applications must be submitted by the close of business on Friday, April 27, 2018. Awardees will be notified by mail and will be announced on social media.
- Applicants must complete all parts of the application. Parts I and II must be typed and should be printed and mailed, dropped off at any branch or emailed.
- All applicants must submit one letter of recommendation from a non-related person of their choice.
- Applicants may include additional information that could help the selection committee in their decision. Faxed information will not be accepted. Applications not completed according to these procedures will be disqualified.
Award decision and scholarship receipt
- Scholarship recipients will receive their award deposited into an Education Fund opened under their GCU account, where withdrawals will only be available for educational purposes. Monies may be added to this account at any time, and it may remain open as long as the recipient chooses.
- The GCU Scholarship Committee will be comprised of GCU employees and/or board members.
- All decisions of the GCU Scholarship Committee are final.