Energy Saving Tips and Tricks for this Winter Season
With the days getting shorter and the weather dropping quickly, the days of rising energy bills are upon us. Despite the charms of the winter season, the brutal colds and long nights can lead to high bills due to heating and lights. Luckily, with these tips and tricks, we can all take action to keep our houses warm while keeping our bills down.
- Take advantage of the brief sunlight by opening curtains during the day for an additional burst of natural heating.
- Install insulating drapes to keep drafts from entering your house through miniscule window leaks.
- Turn your thermostat down 10-15 degrees during the night. (This can save up to 10% on energy bills!)
- Unless a fire is burning, keep the damper on your fireplace closed.
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater. (To the warm setting- 120°F)
Thanks to these tricks, you’ll be able to fully enjoy the best the season has to offer when you are warm and cozy inside your home. These simple tips make for an easy way to maximize your heating while minimizing your payments! For more information on how to make the most of your home’s energy, please visit energy.gov.