Logging into the new online banking site or mobile app for the first time
Please keep these things in mind if you are logging into our new online banking website or mobile app for the first time.
- You must use your member number to log in for the first time
- You will need to use a temporary password to log in for the first time, that temporary password is a 10-digit number: the last six digits of the primary account holder’s social security number and the four-digit birth year
- After logging in for the first time, you can change your username by navigating to Settings and then to the Security tab
Here are some of the key features of your online account:
- Multi-factor authentication for enhanced account security
- Secure message center for communicating with Guardian Credit Union representatives
- Establish savings goals. Manage progress toward goals and reallocate funds to help meet goals
- Set and customize budgets to help you stay on track
- Add external accounts to view all financial information in one place
- Card controls to block and unblock cards as well as make changes to limits
- Transfer funds to make loan payments
- Easily update contact information online
- Manage accounts and your banking relationship from a vastly improved mobile app
- View account balance snapshot from mobile app prior to logging in
To get started with mobile banking, just download the Guardian Credit Union mobile app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. From there, you’ll be able to enter your account information and get started accessing your accounts with your mobile device.
Our mobile deposit makes depositing your money even simpler and gives you the convenience of depositing whenever, wherever.
Four easy steps to using Guardian Mobile Deposit
1. Select Guardian Mobile Deposit from your Guardian Mobile App
2. Follow the instructions and take pictures of the front and back of the check
3. Click Submit
4. Wait for confirmation of a successful deposit
Who is eligible to have GCU Mobile Deposit?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a member of Guardian Credit Union for at least 60 days
- Must have a Guardian deposit account (savings or checking) in good standing
- Must have made a minimum of two direct deposits of $200 or more in the most recent 60 days
- Has an active Guardian Online (Homebanking) account and is a current user of a Guardian Mobile Homebanking app.
Do I need to download any additional programs/applications to use GCU Mobile Deposit?
Guardian Mobile Deposit works with the Guardian Mobile apps. You will not need to download any additional software.
Is there a limit to how much money I can deposit daily with Mobile Deposit?
While we reserve the right to update our policy at any time and without notice, generally you can deposit up to $1,500 each day.
How secure is Mobile Deposit?
Very secure. We use 128-bit encryption: Secure Socket Layer 3.0 (SSL) for all communications. This is currently the highest level of security available for Internet transactions. In addition to this, you can help keep your device secure through password protection and downloading programs only from trusted sources. Check images, once submitted for deposit, are not stored on your phone. NOTE: Check images that are not submitted may remain on your device. For security purposes, be sure to delete these images if you do not submit the deposit.
What should I do with my check after making a mobile deposit?
After successfully making your deposit, we recommend that you safeguard the item deposited for 60 days. After 60 days, and after you have confirmed the deposited funds have been applied to your account correctly, shred the check and dispose of it accordingly.
Are there any limits to what kinds of checks I can and cannot deposit remotely?
Unfortunately, not every check can be deposited through GCU Mobile Deposit. Checks written to yourself, checks stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark, checks issued in a foreign currency or by a financial institution in a foreign country, and US savings bonds cannot be deposited through GCU Mobile Deposit.
How soon will the funds be placed into my account with Mobile Deposit?
In general, if an image of an item transmitted through the service is received and accepted before 3:00 p.m. Central Time on a business day we will consider that day to be the day of the deposit. Otherwise, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day. Funds
deposited using the service will generally be made available in three business days from the day of deposit. The credit union may make such funds available sooner based on such factors as credit worthiness, the length and extent of the relationship with the member, transaction and
experience information, and such other factors that the credit union may deem relevant.
Is there a limit to the number of checks I can deposit a day with Mobile Deposit?
There is no limit to the number you can deposit however you can only deposit one check at a time.
How much does it cost to use Mobile Deposit?
At the current time, there is no cost for members to use the remote deposit capture service.
Do you have tips for taking a usable picture of my check for Mobile Deposit?
- Lighting Conditions — Bright but indirect light is best. Placing the check too close to lighting sources may cause shadows. For best results, place the check in an area with a good source of natural light.
- Background Surface — Any surface of a solid color that contrasts with the check is best. Use a dark color surface for light checks; a light color surface for dark checks.
- Image Size — Use the green borders to properly zoom and scale. Make sure the entire check appears in the green borders and fills the space as much as possible. The green corners that “hug” your check are a good indication that the check has been properly located in the photograph field.
You are now leaving Guardian Credit Union
You will be linking to another website not owned or operated by Guardian Credit Union. Guardian Credit Union is not responsible for the availability or content of this website and does not represent either the linked website or you, should you enter into a transaction. We encourage you to review their privacy and security policies which may differ from Guardian Credit Union.
Click the link above to continue or CANCEL