Buying a home is a very exciting, albeit stressful, process for many people. There are a lot of steps that go into buying a home, and navigating through each phase can be overwhelming. From the planning phase, to the shopping and buying phase, until eventually closing on your dream home, Guardian is here for you every step of the way. This includes making each of these phases easier to understand, so let’s break it down a little more.
- Planning – Saving, improving your credit score, researching potential locations for your home, and getting pre-approved are a few of the steps in the first phase of homebuying. The planning phase is essential is setting a solid foundation for the rest of the homebuying process.
- Shopping – From finding an agent to touring homes, this phase is seen by many as the most fun part of purchasing a home.
- Buying – Once you find a home that checks all your boxes, it’s time to make it yours. This phase includes negotiating/making an offer, getting the home inspected, securing a mortgage, and getting the house appraised.
- Closing – This is one of the final steps. The Closing phase is where you finally make the house you fell in love with your home. This phase includes lots of paperwork, but the good news is that Guardian is here to get you through it!
- Homeownership – Buying a home is a long-term commitment. After the house is officially yours, your journey in the homebuying process doesn’t end; In fact, in many ways, it’s just beginning. Your relationship with your new home and us here at Guardian will only grow over time.
Over the next couple of weeks, we will dive deeper into each of these phases to make them easier to digest. Homebuying can be stressful, but we believe it should be fun, too, and understanding each step can make the journey much more enjoyable.