Receiving the State of Wisconsin Child Tax Rebate
For parents and guardians of children under 18 who have not already done so, now is the time to apply for a $100 per child sales tax refund. To file a claim for the Wisconsin Child Sales Tax Refund, applicants can go online before July 2 and fill out the rebate application. Most rebates will be issued within three weeks of filing the claim.
To qualify, a child must be:
– Under age 18 on December 31, 2017
– A dependent of the claimant for tax year 2017
– A Wisconsin resident on December 31, 2017
– A United States citizen
Applicants can apply at https://childtaxrebate.wi.gov.
To file a claim, applicants will need to provide:
– Your Social Security number and Wisconsin residency for tax year 2017
– Your qualified child’s Social Security number and date of birth
– If you choose direct deposit, we’ll need your bank routing number and account number
– If you are a nonresident or part-year resident that moved out of Wisconsin in 2017, you must submit additional proof
For additional questions regarding this program, please email: DORRebate@wisconsin.gov.