Thank you for your interest in Guardian Credit Union’s Dollars for Scholars Scholarships. Our Dollars for Scholars Scholarship program is open to members currently attending 4-year, 2-year or technical schools or members who will be attending in the fall of 2021. These scholarships are funded entirely by Guardian Credit Union employees. Our employees can donate a portion of each paycheck to the scholarship fund, with 100% of the contributions used to fund scholarships for our members. In exchange for their donations, GCU employees receive the option to participate in our casual dress code.
Please read this information carefully. Complete and consent to the application, stating that you have read and understand this information. Your application will not be accepted if you do not select the consent option on the final page. Please contact Guardian Credit Union if you have any questions.
At least four scholarships will be awarded, with the value of each scholarship dependent upon the amount raised by GCU employees.
Application and selection criteria
- Eligible students are those currently enrolled in post-high school education, as well as graduating seniors who are planning to continue their education in the fall of 2021.
- Applicants must have been a GCU member as of January 1, 2020 and be a current member in good standing.
- Applicants attending 4-year, 2-year or technical schools will be considered.
- Selection criteria may include, but are not limited to: financial need, extracurricular and community involvement, career plans and goals, and other scholarships awarded.
- Completed applications must be submitted by the close of business on Friday, April 23, 2021. Awardees will be notified by mail and will be announced on social media.
- Applicants must complete all parts of the application.
- All applicants must submit one letter of recommendation from a non-related person of their choice.
- Applicants may include additional information that could help the selection committee in their decision.
Applications not completed according to these procedures will be disqualified.
Award decision and scholarship receipt
- Scholarship recipients will receive their award deposited into their GCU savings account where the funds will be available after the awards are given out. Monies may be added to this account at any time and it may remain open as long as the recipient chooses.
- The GCU Scholarship Committee will be comprised of GCU employees and/or board members.
- All decisions of the GCU Scholarship Committee are final
Dollars for Scholars Application
You are now leaving Guardian Credit Union
You will be linking to another website not owned or operated by Guardian Credit Union. Guardian Credit Union is not responsible for the availability or content of this website and does not represent either the linked website or you, should you enter into a transaction. We encourage you to review their privacy and security policies which may differ from Guardian Credit Union.
Click the link above to continue or CANCEL