Join the Savings Club New Support
From Christmas purchases to vacation to your first home, balancing your savings takes effort. Our savings clubs can help you save money for a specific purpose while earning a premium interest rate.
What savings clubs are available?
Guardian Credit Union savings clubs include:
- Car Fund
- Christmas Club
- Education Fund
- Home Fund
- Tax Club
- Vacation Club
Is there a minimum balance for GCU savings clubs?
Each savings club requires a minimum opening balance of $1 and a minimum balance of $25 to earn dividends.
Where can I find interest rates for savings accounts?
Savings club interest rates can be found here.
What will I need to bring when I open my savings account?
- An unexpired government issued identification card (driver’s license, state ID, passport, military identification), with your current address. If your current address is not on the ID, you will need proof of residency (including, but not limited to: residential bill, bank statement, payroll check stub).
- For individuals under 16 years old, a school-issued, ID (any student ID needs approval)
- Acceptable documents for persons under age 18 and certain individuals with disabilities, who are unable to present a document listed above:
- School record or report card
- Clinic, doctor or hospital record
- Daycare or nursery school record
- Birth certificate
- Medicare/Medicaid card
- $1 minimum opening deposit. The minimum balance to earn dividends is $25
How do I access the money in my account?
- For Club account types (Christmas, Tax, Vacation) the funds are automatically transferred into your regular savings account upon the club account’s maturity date (Christmas: 10/1, Vacation: 6/1, Tax: 2/1). Any withdrawal done outside of the specified maturity date may have a $5 withdrawal penalty.
- For Fund account types (Education, Car, Home), the funds can be withdrawn at any time without penalty, if used for the specific account type purpose. Otherwise, a $5 withdrawal penalty may be charged.
- You can access the funds in your account by visiting any GCU branch or by contacting our Member Contact Center at (414) 546-7450, during regular business hours
When do I start earning interest on my account?
You begin earning interest on the day that funds are deposited.
How is the interest paid on my account?
The interest is paid monthly on the last day of each month and is credited right to your account.
You are now leaving Guardian Credit Union
You will be linking to another website not owned or operated by Guardian Credit Union. Guardian Credit Union is not responsible for the availability or content of this website and does not represent either the linked website or you, should you enter into a transaction. We encourage you to review their privacy and security policies which may differ from Guardian Credit Union.
Click the link above to continue or CANCEL