At GCU, we understand that attending school can be stressful enough with all the studying, exams, and other obligations a student has. We want to help make your financial life a little easier with GCU's new Student Checking Account.
This account offers many features beneficial for any student plus a little extra. You also have access to useful tools and information through our website page that can help maintain your finances or assist in pursuing higher education.
► Students Ages 15-24
•Students ages 15-17 need an adult 18 years or older (that also qualifies for an account) to be joint on memberships.
Joint membership can be removed when minor turns 18 if they wish.
•Student checking accounts will automatically change to Free 4 U checking at the age 25 of the primary member
►Students must provide current unexpired school ID at account opening to qualify for the account
► $10 opening deposit
Free with Every Student Account
► Free checking with no maintenance fees or minimum balance required
► Free EMV debit card
► Free access to online and mobile banking
► Free eStatements
► Unlimited transactions
► GPA Rewards
• Reward is $25
• Must obtain a 3.50 GPA or higher to claim reward
• Physical proof must be brought into a branch (report card, transcript, etc.) showing numerical GPA
- Can only be claimed up to 2 semesters per year
- Deposit for reward will be credited to the checking account of awardee within 3 business days after proper documentation is presented
○ No member privilege allowed. Please see brochure for reference. Member Privilege Brochure
College Planning CALCULATORStudent Budget Calculator
Whether you're looking to establish credit or develop good personal finance habits, our tips and tricks page offers some valuable information you can count on.
Let us help you navigate your way through college. From finding financial aid options to graduation, we can help you stay on the right path.
GCU can help you earn while you learn! Our GPA rewards account feature can put some extra cash in your pocket for your hard work.