At GCU, we understand that attending school can be stressful enough with all the studying, exams and other obligations a student has. We want to help make your financial life a little easier with GCU's new Student Checking Account.
This account offers many features beneficial for any student plus a little extra. You also have access to useful tools and information through our website page that can help maintain your finances or assist in pursuing higher education.
- Students ages 15-24
- Students must provide current unexpired school ID at account opening
- $10 opening deposit
Free with Every Student Account*
- Free checking with no maintenance fees or minimum balance requirements
- Free EMV debit card
- Free access to online and mobile banking
- Free eStatements
- Unlimited transactions
- Get a $25 reward 2 times a year for obtaining a 3.50 GPA or higher.
• To qualify, college students must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 course credits. High school students must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 course credits.*Students ages 15-17 require an adult 18 years or older (that also qualifies for an account) to be joint on membership/s. Joint membership can be removed when the minor turns 18, if they wish. Student checking accounts will automatically change to Free 4 U checking at the age 25 of the primary member. No member privilege allowed. Please see the Member Privilege Brochure for reference. If a school ID is not available, student must provide a current school transcript, report card, class schedule or state registration at time of account opening. To receive GPA reward proof of GPA with current report card or transcripts including numerical score and course credits must be provided. Reward must be claimed within 60 days from end of semester date. A deposit into your account for the reward will be credited within 3 business days after proper documentation is presented. Can be claimed up to 2 semesters per year.
College Planning CALCULATORStudent Budget Calculator
Whether you're looking to establish credit or develop good personal finance habits, our tips and tricks page offers some valuable information you can count on.
Let us help you navigate your way through college. From finding financial aid options to graduation, we can help you stay on the right path.
Earn while you learn! Our GPA rewards can put some extra cash in your pocket for your hard work.